Conference a person into call from softphone (Edify App)
This article explains how to conference a person into a phone call you’re hosted from your softphone in Edify App.
When you want to conference a person into a phone call hosted from your softphone, the process starts with first initiating an attended transfer to that person. Then, once the attended transfer is answered, you’ll have access to starting the conference to bring the caller on hold into the phone call. This process is referred to as an “attended conference transfer”.
Also, when conferencing a person into a call, you can bring either a coworker or an external contact into the conversation.
1. While on a call in softphone, open the transfer menu and click Custom.
2. Find the person that you want to conference into the phone call by entering in a phone number, contact name, or by opening the address book.
3. Click the Attended Transfer button.
4. Notice the system places the caller on hold and attempts to ring the person you want to conference in.
5. Once the attended transfer is answered, click the Conference button.
6. Once clicked, the system takes the caller off hold and everyone is together on the conference call.