Create a custom user status reason (Edify App)
This article explains how to create a custom user status in Edify App.
In this article
In Edify App, the Status workspace is the primary location where you can view and change your status.
If your Edify administrator has granted you adequate permissions, you also have the ability to set a custom status.
While predefined statuses are not available to you to change or edit, a custom status allows you to set a custom status type (available / away / busy / etc.) as well as a custom message.
Follow the steps in this article to create a custom status.
2. Navigate to the Status workspace in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. If you are configured to create a custom status, you should see a text box at the bottom of the status selection list that says “Custom status reason.”
Note: If you don’t see this option, contact your administrator for more information.
4. Click into the Custom status reason text field and provide a status message.
5. Click the color box next to the text field to select what kind of status you want it to be. Your options are:
6. Press Enter / Return on your keyboard to set the status.
Note: Your custom status will become selectable in your list of most recently used statuses.